1. Tiervlei Trial Centre (TTC) is a well-established private clinical trials centre
Specialising in the execution of national and international clinical trials since 2000. We have successfully completed more than 350 clinical trials in several therapeutic areas of which 25% where early and 75% late phase.
2. TTC has experience in a wide range of therapeutic areas namely:
Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Neurology, Metabolic, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology and Rheumatology as well as studies in preventative medicine (vaccines) and device studies.
3. We do clinical trials in all the phases of clinical development
The majority of our clinical trials are in phase III, where some safety information is already available and the aims of the studies are to confirm efficacy. We also conduct studies in earlier phase where great care is taken to investigate the dose, safety and distribution of the medicine in the body. TTC has participated in a First in Man Vaccines study. These studies are done in healthy volunteers under strict supervision to ensure the safety of the volunteers.
4. TTC has an overnight facility
Ideal for accommodation of studies requiring serial measurements like pharmacokinetic blood samples.
5. TTC understands the need for development of safe and effective new medications for treatment conditions with unmet needs
The medicines development process involves many steps, of which clinical trials are an integral part. TTC is committed to delivering this specialised service at the highest ethical standard, through compliance with Good Clinical Practice.
6. TTC employs a suitably qualified and experienced team
The team consists of Clinical Investigators, Project Managers, Study Coordinators, Registered Nurses, Clinical technologists.
7. TTC supports the development of safe and effective South African Traditional Medicines
We are able to manage the full process from writing the protocol to conduct of the study and writing of the Clinical Study report.
8. The Pharmaceutical Industry has awarded TTC for delivering clinical trial services at high international standards
In 2013, the pharmaceutical company Sanofi nominated TTC as one of 20 Premier Sites worldwide. We are provided with insight into Sanofi’s pipeline of new medicine and are given the opportunity to participate in protocol development. TTC is a Quintiles Partner Site and has won several Awards of Excellence for Exceptional Site Contribution through the years.
9. TTC is actively involved in several training programmes
This includes several training programmes like the Clinical Investigator Certification (CLIC) course presented in partnership with FUNDISA AFRICAN ACADEMY for MEDICINES RESEARCH (FAAMD) and the Postgraduate Diploma in Medicines Development, presented by the Division of Pharmacology, University of Stellenbosch.TTC is a Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA) approved teaching centre for Clinical Pharmacology registrars from the University of Stellenbosch.
10. TTC is situated in Karl Bremer Hospital
A fully functioning hospital, including a state-of-the-art Medical Emergency Centre.