TTC formulated a capacity building plan to advance previously disadvantaged groups. In monitoring the plan, a capacity building manager was appointed with a committee represented from designated groups to monitor and to advance capacity building.
- To address the Company’s employee demographics vis-á-vis the objectives of the Employment Equity Act;
- To set achievable numerical targets that are aligned to the Company’s operational requirements;
- To be used as a tool in assisting management to realise their divisional employment equity goals;
- To be used for the purpose of succession planning, career pathing and training and development of all employees;
- To ensure that the annual targets of the Employment Equity Plan are incorporated into the Company’s Business Plan:
- To be used as a tool by Management in human resources management;
To ensure the realisation of ‘equity’ value within the Company.